Spirit of Mount Vernon Tours
Join us on select dates, March through October, for a truly American experience! Spirit provides the only round-trip Mount Vernon cruises direct from Washington, DC. If you are interested in booking an event for a group of 20 or more, please visit our group events page for more information.
Automatically included in your base ticket price:
- A three-hour round-trip cruise to the Mount Vernon estate
- Your admission to Mount Vernon with three hours to explore the estate and gardens
- Narrated riverfront tour as you pass both historic and modern landmarks, such as Alexandria, the Ronald Regan airport and Fort Washington
Extras & Upgrades
Available for purchase during your cruise for an upgraded experience:
- Breakfast, lunch and treats from our onboard snack bar, including but not limited to pastries, bagels, hot dogs, pizza, chips and candy
- A variety of refreshments including cocktails, beer, wine, soda, juice and coffee
The little things that matter a lot:
- Parking is limited, but we are easily accessible from the Waterfront Metro station (Green Line).
- Our decks are climate-controlled to cruise year-round in all weather conditions.
- Most guests choose comfortable, casual attire.
- Children are welcome and infants under three cruise free.
- SW Waterfront Boarding Time 8:00am | Departure 8:30am
- Arrival at Mount Vernon 10:00am
- Return Boarding 1:15pm | Departure 1:30pm
- Arrival at SW Waterfront 3:00pm
Special Events at Mount Vernon
- Colonial Market & Fair | September 17 - 18
- Fall Wine Festival | October 7 - 9*
- Fall Harvest Family Days | October 22 - 23 (tentative)
- Trick-or-Treating at Mount Vernon | October 29 - 30 (tentative)
*These activities are in the evening and may require a separate fee.
40-Minute Photo Cruise
Join Spirit for a short (but fun) turnaround cruise to Mount Vernon! Meet us at Mount Vernon a 45-minute excursion, filled with picture-perfect photo ops along the Potomac, a breathtaking riverfront view of the Mount Vernon estate and fascinating historical narration.
Departure Times: 11:30am | 12:30pm
*Photo Tickets are only available on the boat at the Mount Vernon Wharf or at Mount Vernon's main gate. This cruise is only available seasonally. No reservations are necessary.